Clinic Dates for the 2021 Flu vaccination programme are as follows:
- Saturday 18th September 8.30am-2.30pm in Bouverie Hall Pewsey
- Saturday 25th September 1.00pm-7.00pm at Marlborough Leisure Centre.
Those eligible for a free flu vaccination will start to receive invitations shortly. We will do this in cohorts of patients to avoid completely overwhelming the system, especially our reception team. Please do wait for your invitation, it will come if you are eligible.
This year, we will be inviting patients to book into a time slot (as we have been doing for the Covid clinics). Please do ensure your mobile number is updated (ideally via our website as this will be the fastest and easiest way to book your appointment). Don’t worry, if you don’t have a mobile number on your record, we will still contact you either via letter or phone.
We aim to start contacting patients this week – please do wait for us to contact you, we will get to you over the next few weeks.
Please note – the car park at the Leisure Centre won’t be open for parking until 2pm on the 25th so please do not book into an early slot if you have to drive there. Special clinics for children will be organised in the surgery.
Here is the latest government guidance outlining who is eligible for an NHS ‘flu vaccine this year:
- all children aged 2 to 15 (but not 16 years or older) on 31 August 2021
- those aged 6 months to under 50 years in clinical risk groups
- pregnant women
- those aged 50 years and over
- those in long-stay residential care homes
- close contacts of immunocompromised individuals
- frontline health and social care staff employed by:
- a registered residential care or nursing home
- registered domiciliary care provider
- a voluntary managed hospice provider
- Direct Payment (personal budgets) and/or Personal Health Budgets, such as Personal Assistants.
Vaccine supplies were ordered last October, before the Government announced that 50-65 year olds were eligible for ‘flu vaccines this year. Therefore as with all practices, KAMP may not have sufficient supply to vaccinate this group. We will invite the more vulnerable groups first, then 50-65 year olds where supplies allow.